Kabbage Becomes One of the Youngest Companies to Earn Top Score on Corporate Equality Index
Kabbage achieves 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s annual scorecard assessing LGBTQ workplace equality
Kabbage is proud to announce it has received the top score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices relating to LGBTQ workplace equality. Kabbage enters as one of the youngest companies in the Index, affirming that achieving workplace equality is possible for companies at any stage.
The CEI rates companies on industry-leading criteria, which broadly fall under five categories:
- Non-discrimination policies
- Employment benefits
- Demonstrated organizational competency and accountability around LGBTQ diversity and inclusion
- Public commitment to LGBTQ equality
- Responsible citizenship
Last year was a landmark year for diversity and inclusion at Kabbage. Throughout 2019, the company:
- Launched an 11-member diversity council tasked with maximizing diversity within Kabbage’s products and overall business strategy.
- Implemented best-practice transgender guidelines and ensured equal health care coverage.
- Implemented a new hiring process that reflects our stance towards diversity.
- Joined the Equality Act Cohort with over 260 companies and advocated in Washington, D.C. to ensure that LGBTQ small businesses receive equal protection when applying for federally funded programs.
- Fostered discussions about diversity in the workplace in our community.
- Committed to having a diverse slate of candidates for technical roles and integrated our recruiting with our corporate social responsibility.
In the year ahead, we’re partnering with schools with diverse enrollment, such as HBCUs, to come and learn more about Kabbage and STEM careers in general. We’re excited about our progress, but recognize there is more to do to become an organization as diverse as our small business customers throughout the U.S.